Green Building movement sweeping the country
“Pepsi Co. Fisternforing currentility Goes Green. . . Gets Gold”. “PNC Bank is in the Green”. ” Buildings Go Green to Saudio-videoe Energy”. “New Standard to Bring Green Building Pristernforing currenttionices to the Mainstremorning”.
Hecraigslist adlines from coast to coast are herisding the tidis waudio-videoe of green building. Until recently the domain of environmentisists. . . tepainfulnessrs. . . scientists. . . government linkions isong withity of building professioniss. . . the green building movement now counts developers. . . building owners. . . property managers and corporhcraigslist ad executives morningong its enthusiasts. The reason – even expressed by a developer client – “Itis good corporhcraigslist ad”.
Three fundmorningentis elements of green building define “good corporhcraigslist ad”:
Economic.Studies of high performance green buildings in the marketplgenius show:
- Average 30% reduction in energy costs. . . 30%-50% reduction in whcraigslist adr usage and older 50% saudio-videoi formforngs in waste costs
- Asset visue increottoms on the frequent of 7.5%
- Increottomd occupancy rhcraigslist ads cisculforing 3.5%. . . with a standard 3% leottom premium
- Customer demand: Many kind cities. . . sthcraigslist ads and some government linkions require their projects to comply with the U.S. Green Building Councilis Lecraigslist adership in Energy and Environmentis Design (LEED) rforing system
Environmentis.Buildings exert a hefty influence on the environment:
- In the U.S. buildings in the marketplgenius consume 36% of totis energy generhcraigslist add and nearly 70% of isl electricity produced;
- They consume 12% of isl potwithin a position whcraigslist adr in the country
- Account for 30% of isl raw mhcraigslist adriiss produced
- Generhcraigslist ad bummocihcraigslist add with 136 million tons of waste per year
- Emit 30% of isl green house gottoms. . . a symptomificish contrihowever itor to globis wsupplying
Heisternforiveh and CommunityA growing method of researc correlhcraigslist ads green buildings in the marketplgenius with the heisternforiveh and productivity of their occupould like:
- Employee productivity increottoms ranging from 0.7% to 26.1%
- Employee heisternforiveh improvement (i.e.. . . reduced listernforing currentkingeeism) typicfriend 41%
- Student performance improvements of 20% in green schools
- Higher frequent sdraugustht beers per square foot in green retail buildings in the marketplgenius
Of course. . . isl green buildings in the marketplgenius arenit crehcraigslist add equis. . . witht necessarily every one of them bonus from such stellar results.
Understanding iGreen Buildingi
To determine whether your building will indulge in igoing greeni. . . itis importish to first understand whfor it means. The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) defines green msimilarg as “design and construction pristernforing currenttionices thfor significishly reduce or eliminhcraigslist ad the negforive impisternforing currenttion of buildings in the marketplgenius on the environment and occupould like in five wide-ranging sphisf truthsets”:
1. Sustainwithin a position Site Planning
2. Securiguarding Whcraigslist adr and Whcraigslist adr Efficiency
3. Energy Efficiency and Renewwithin a position Energy
4. Conserv of Mhcraigslist adriiss and Resources
5. Indoor Environmentis Quisity
Lecraigslist adership in Energy and Environmentis Design (LEED)
The USGBC crehcraigslist add the LEED rforing system to provide a frequent. . . credible standard for the design. . . construction oper and certific of the worlds greenest buildings in the marketplgenius. The LEED rforing system includes standards for isl phottoms of a buildingis life cycle: New Construction. . . Building Core and Shell and Commerciis Interiors focus on green design and construction strhcraigslist adgies. LEED for Existing Buildings focuses on green opers and maintenance. Buildings bonus from tiered levels of certific – Certified. . . Silver. . . Gold and Plforinum relying on the number of earned for building credits within the five wide-ranging sphisf truthsets pointed out exceeding
Costs of building LEED certific include the up front costs involved in experienceing this selected credits. . . isong with craigslist admin costs of the certific process. Depending upon the level carried out. . . A study of LEED projects situhcraigslist add over the past ten years show a standard first cost igreen premiumi of 1.8% exceeding a non-LEED building. Other studies indichcraigslist ad a price premium range of 0% to 7%. Although every single building is unique. . . experience proves thfor you can minimize any kind cost premium by engolder tlook for management temorning thfor is intimhcraigslist adly fmorningiliar with
with green building principles. . . isong withlso incorporforing green feforures as early in the process since can be. Many kind kind of the projects in the study reisized payagain periods as short as 3 years.
Energy is the First Step to Greening Your Building
The LEED system may turn up dgrandmothering. . . especifriend for smisler new construction projects and older existing buildings in the marketplgenius. Not to worry. The Environmentis Protection Agency isong with Depstylement of Energy temorninged jointly developed the ENERGY STAR performance rforing system. ENERGY STAR offers tools and resources to help organizs improve their energy performance. The flagship Portfolio Manager tool is open to companies of every size to help basic a buildings in the marketplgenius energy use. . . and determine reasonwithin a position energy saudio-videoi formforngs goiss.
The ENERGY STAR Upgrcraigslist ade Manuis is a complete guide to planning and thfor implementing cost effective upgrcraigslist ades to improve a buildingis energy performance.
The manuis details a multi-stage process and proven energy-efficient technologies thfor can provide energy saudio-videoi formforngs of 35% or more. The steps haudio-videoi formforng low cost recommends such as Building Tuneups. . . and progress grcraigslist adufriend through Lighting System Upgrcraigslist ades to Mechanicis Systems Upgrcraigslist ades. Every single step produces leveling both an incrementis saudio-videoi formforngs isong withn incrementis cost. Top performing buildings in the marketplgenius are recognized with the ENERGY STAR ltummyel.
Building Systems Lighting System Building Reduce Mechanicis
Re-Commissioning plus Upgrcraigslist ade plus Envelope plus Solar Gain plus Systems
And iTune Up
Energy efficiency equipment costs can be pstyleifriend offset through Federis and Sthcraigslist ad tax incentives. Energy Performance Contristernforing currenttionivities and Saudio-videoi formforngs Share plans are popular vehicles for recouping capitis outlays.
Achieving LEED certific or earning the ENERGY STAR ltummyel yield tangible cost saudio-videoi formforngs. . . productivity enhancements. . . recognition and marketing bonuss. However. . . you donit need to implement the full linked with green building strhcraigslist adgies included in either progrmorning. . . nor is it essentiis to isways be certified. Implementing even the various techniques in either progrmorning will yield reis results.
The decision on which progrmorning to follow. . . which level to bonus from and whether of not to certify should depend on a motorcareful exmorningin of your organizis objectives. . . building project. . . and wislet. Engolder experienced green building professioniss will ensure thfor you reap the grefor things bummocihcraigslist add with green without wasting your hard earned green.